ACEM, the European Association of Motorcycle Manufacturers, is the trade association that represents manufacturers of powered-two and three-wheelers as well as quadricycles (L-category vehicles) in Europe.
ACEM members include 18 manufacturing companies and 17 national industry associations in 15 different European countries. About 300,000 jobs depend on the motorcycle, moped, tricycle and quadricycle industry in Europe.
ACEM works closely with the EU institutions, as well as with a wide range of stakeholders, in different policy-areas. These include type-approval of L-category vehicles, environmental legislation, road safety and transport policies, international trade negotiations, etc.
Key objectives of the association
- To engage in dialogue with the European institutions and other key stakeholders in order to advance the understanding of industry positions on relevant policy issues (e.g. competitiveness, road safety, mobility and sustainability)
- To provide clear and factual information concerning the European motorcycle sector and to foster the understanding of the sector’s contribution to society
- To advocate on behalf of its members policies that enhance the competitiveness of manufacturers
- To contribute to effective policy and legislation at both European and global levels
- To monitor regulatory activities that affect the motorcycle industry
European Association of Motorcycle Manufacturers
Avenue de la Joyeuse Entrée, 1 B1040 Brussels Belgium
P. +32 (0)22 30 97 32