ACEM is looking for a highly-motivated Communication & EU Affairs Intern to join a dynamic international team. As a member of the ACEM secretariat the intern will be involved in the frontline communication action of the organization, attending meetings with our members (and EU policymakers), as well as helping in monitoring the developments of key EU policies for the Industry.
Working closely with the Communications manager and the Public Affairs manager in a supporting role, the intern will:
- Provide support in project management and event organisation (Economic study, ACEM annual conference, events);
- Provide support in the implementation of communication activities (newsletter, social media, website, communication tools);
- Monitoring of EU policies and drafting notes (Environment, Road Safety, Mobility, Trade etc.);
- Assist the ACEM secretariat members in engaging both external and internal stakeholders in policy issues of relevance to ACEM’s members;
Profile of the candidate
- Dynamic, resourceful, with interest in the product and excited about European affairs and Communications, able to feel ownership of their projects and see them through.
- Good working command of written and spoken English. Additional fluency in other EU languages is a plus.
- University degree in politics, communications, economics, law or business (preferably at a Master level)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent networking and social skills with a special attention to adapt to various intercultural settings
- Good analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking skills
- Understanding of EU institutions functioning is a plus
- Interest in environmental, transport/mobility, industrial and international trade issues
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an international team
The intern will be hired starting asap for a period of 12 months. The internship will be competitively remunerated under the “Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle” (Belgian framework for internship).